Bausch & Lomb’s Orbscan IIz is a fully integrated multidimensional diagnostic system that elevates diagnostics beyond mere topography. Unlike current topography systems which scan the surface of the eye at standard points, the Orbscan IIz acquires over 9000 data points in 1.5 seconds to meticulously map the entire corneal surface (11 mm), and analyze elevation and curvature measurements on both the anterior and posterior surfaces of the cornea.
Bausch & Lomb’s Orbscan IIz is a diagnostic system that maps the entire corneal surface, and analyzes elevation and curvature measurements on both the front and back surfaces of the cornea.
These measurements are important in identifying conditions such as keratoconus, pre-keratoconus, and corneal thinning, as those with these conditions may not be good candidates for LASIK and other procedures. Orbscan IIz diagnostics are also used to optimize outcomes in both primary treatments and enhancements.
Bausch & Lomb Orbscan IIz Topographer Features:
- Orbscan IIz acquires over 9000 data points in 1.5 seconds
- Orbscan IIz analyzes elevation and curvature measurements on both anterior and posterior surfaces of the cornea
- Orbscan IIz is capable of detecting and analyzing posterior corneal abnormalities where corneal anomalies first appear
- Orbscan IIz features dynamic, Windows-based platform designed to integrate continuing advances via upgradable software
- Customizable quad maps show any combination of measurements in one convenient format
- Slit scanning technology combined with an advanced Placido disc system
- Anterior corneal elevation and curvature
- Posterior corneal elevation and curvature
- Full corneal pachymetry
- Simulated keratometry
- White-to-white diameter
- Pupil size
- Anterior chamber depth
- Angle kappa
- Irregularity index